1. I want to lose weight. Of course I want to lose weight. (Doesn’t everyone who isn’t skinny?) I really, really do. But do I want to lose weight enough to do my daily exercise and keep away from desserts? Sigh. That’s the question. Only time will tell. At least I’m getting back to my daily treadmill routine with my Spanish CDs.
2. I want to play the guitar. I can play the mountain dulcimer, but I would like to at least learn to play chords on the guitar. I have my father’s old guitar, which cost a major bundle of money to have repaired, but I can’t play it. My fingers find it very difficult to hold down the strings.
3. I want to write the five fantasy and science fiction books that are currently rolling around in my head. First I need to finish the one I’m working on, then I can decide which idea to write on during the month of November. I’m going to try to do NaNoWriMo this November, writing 50,000 words in 30 days. Wow–can I? With Thanksgiving company? Won’t know until I try it.
4. I really, really want to have more hours in each day. Or stretch the hours longer. Between treadmill, writing, spending time with my husband, Twitter, Facebook, Plants & Zombies, quilting, reading, playing the dulcimer, cooking and cleaning, gardening, harvesting, and more, there never seems to be enough time in the day. I can’t imagine how I ever got anything done when our kids were young. But, of course, back then I did what I had to do, not often the things that I wanted to do.
5. Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a professional chef in the kitchen? I want to be able to hand over a menu to my personal chef and have that meal appear on my table at the exact meal time. (Then he cleans up, of course.) Now that would be fantastic. I’m already thinking of all the delicious food that I wouldn’t have to fix or clean up after.
6. Have you noticed how often your printer’s ink cartridge has to be replaced? I hate it when the ink cartridges use the colored ink as well as the black and white, even when I only print in black and white. I want a printer that never runs out of ink.
7. I want socks that automatically warm my feet when they’re cold. Not these silly “electric socks” that I’ve seen in some catalogs. I mean socks that notice when my feet start getting cold and by some unknown science not-yet-discovered, the socks turn on heat and stay on until my feet are warm again. Now, wouldn’t that be a nifty item to have.
So, here we have seven of my wants. Coming up next is six places. Would you like to join me with the 10 Day Blog Challenge?
What are your wants?